When it comes to medical devices, we take our role very seriously.
Our innovative miniature ball screws ensure outstanding performance in linear motion for standard or specialized medical applications. Mechanical engineers around the globe specify Steinmeyer components because of the quality and precision that our German engineered and manufactured ball screws deliver.
- Wide selection – includes diameter down to 3mm and pitch down to 0.5mm.
- Made in Germany with world-class quality and craftsmanship.
- Certified production supplier for the most demanding makers of devices and instruments.
- Quote both rolled and ground screws come with the same high quality nuts.
- Autoclavable designs now available!
For decades, Steinmeyer has provided precision miniature ball screws to makers of medical devices throughout the world. Our applications in the medical industry are diverse, ranging from miniature pumps to blood analysis machinery and much more. We support customers from the development stage to product manufacturing. Projects include ground-breaking clinical trials of wearable pumps that deliver compressed air to implantable balloons, and supporting a major maker of lab instruments in the launch of an automated pipetting system. These miniature screws deliver precision motion for fluid handling across a wide range of performance scenarios.
If you need a custom solution, our experienced engineers will work closely with you to meet your performance challenges. When it comes to production, you can count on Steinmeyer – whether you need several thousand units, assembly in a clean room, or other specialized configurations – we’ve got you covered. Ongoing quality controls and audits are standard procedure, and no step is too small when it comes to providing the best.
As always, Steinmeyer leads the way in innovation. We now offer special lubricants that withstand autoclaving. In addition, we recently introduced super finishing technology, available only from Steinmeyer. This step improves the surface finish of the shaft thread, resulting in lower friction torque and even smoother, quieter running than before.
When lives may depend on the medical device that goes out your door, your reputation depends on the performance of that device. You can rely on Steinmeyer to be your trusted partner for miniature ball screws.
Steinmeyer also manufactures high quality lead screws for cost-sensitive applications. Call 781-273-6220, or email email@example.com for more information.
A new logo design is coming to Steinmeyer to mark our one century anniversary:
The logo has already been updated on the website, www.steinmeyer.com.
Our Resource Center will soon be sporting the new look!
In time, documents, signage and product lines will all feature the new logo.
Here’s a look at some of Steinmeyer’s vintage logos. We’ve come a long way!
From miniature to large ball screws, in both ground and rolled –
Steinmeyer features the widest variety to fit your needs.
Miniature Ground Ball Screws
– 3-16 mm diameter
– All sizes available in three nut styles: flanged, threaded, and cylindrical
– Pilot diameter down to 7mm!
Miniature Rolled Ball Screws
– 8-16 mm diameter
– Same nut quality and style selection as our ground screws!
– Choose fully assembled or stock lengths
Large Rolled Ball Screws
– 16-80 mm diameter
– Available nut styles: flanged, threaded, and multi-liner
– Choose fully assembled or stock lengths
Large Ground Ball Screws
– 16-100 mm diameter
– Flanged nut
– UltraThrust line delivers load capacity up to 1400 kN (150 tons)!
Custom solutions are also available!
Contact a Steinmeyer engineer today.
Steinmeyer’s stocking program is designed
to help you save time – and money.
Gives you more
How it works:
When you place your order, simply indicate you would like your ball screws to be delivered to the USA warehouse and held in storage until you are ready to accept them.
- Have stock on hand, ready for immediate shipment.
- Helps you realize a quantity discount.
- Request partial releases for up to 12 months.
- A small handling fee of 5% will be added, but no invoice until your release.
- Spread out your delivery dates to better match your demand.
Contact us today for details.
We would like to inform you about the current situation at Steinmeyer:
- Steinmeyer has taken all necessary measures to protect our employees from the Coronavirus. We also have taken all measures to ensure that we can maintain production.
- The supply of raw materials is secure. There are no bottlenecks whatsoever in our supply chain and in addition, we have increased our stock levels.
- Production continues and deliveries are made as planned.
- Our delivery times remain as communicated at 6-8 weeks for Ball Screws > 16mm and 12-16 weeks for Ball Screws < 16mm
- Our employees in sales and service are still at your disposal by phone or e-mail.
- One immediate impact we are experiencing is a significant increase in air freight costs as well as some delays due to reduced freight capacities. Please ask your Steinmeyer representative for more details.
We currently do not expect to be affected by a plant closure.
The Steinmeyer team wishes you continued good health.
Steinmeyer is celebrating its
100 Year Anniversary!!!
2020 is a special year for Steinmeyer… a year that marks the one century milestone in our history. Since 1920, Steinmeyer has been a premiere German manufacturer of precision threaded linear components. Our signature product, precision ball screws, has been honed to perfection by world class engineers, and produced by dedicated craftspeople.
Over time we have been fortunate enough to work with many wonderful customers, and we look forward to continuing our partnerships with them. As we begin our second century, we also look forward to continuing our legacy of quality, precision and innovation.
We are very proud of our miniature screw product line. It features shaft diameters down to 3 mm, and pitch down to 0.5 mm. All of our screws are available with either cylindrical, threaded or flanged nuts, or a custom nut of your own design.
Steinmeyer develops customized solutions for many applications in the aerospace industry. Here are brief overviews of the possibilities of Steinmeyer Aerospace:Continue reading
Many engineers are confused about this topic, especially if they don’t work frequently with ball screws. So let’s take a moment to explain the terminology.Continue reading
Steinmeyer stocks a selection of our German-made, miniature ball screws in our US warehouse. These sample screws are available for immediate shipment.
This inventory is ideal for motion engineers needing quick delivery of ball screws for prototyping and testing. The samples span our entire diameter selection of 3mm, 6mm, 8mm, and 12mm, with a variety of pitches and lengths. Nut designs include threaded or cylindrical.
View Our Inventory List – updated 8/17/2020:
Steinmeyer Miniature Screw Inventory
(Inventory is subject to change without notice)